Monday, March 31, 2003

I buy a lot of carrots. I buy a lot of carrots because I eat a lot of carrots. I buy big carrots to cook with and baby carrots to munch on. I particularly enjoy having baby carrots with my lunch. The last time I bought some, I bought a one pound bag because I found that I was going through the small bags too quickly. The one pound bag is a rip off, they are not baby carrots. They are big ass mature carrots which have been whittled down to look like baby carrots. In actual fact, they are often woody and not as tasty at all as the baby ones.

I'm feeling much better today than I was yesterday. Last night, I felt so incredibly crappy that I was sure that I was not going to be able to make it out of bed and into work. Alas, I made it out of bed and I am presently sitting at my desk, at work. Saturday night, I dog tired and fighting some kind of weird bug that is going through our office. I actually slept for like 10 hours, something I never do anymore. I felt rested but stiff. My back was all twingy and threatening to do what it had done a couple of months back (ie go out on me and immobilize me for days). I started moving around, slowly, but didn't get into bed with the heating pad. Instead, I trekked downstairs and did laundry, I kept moving. In the afternoon, we were vegged out in the living room watching DVD's of the first season of NYPD Blue and, with the sun streaming in through the windows, I started to notice how dusty and gross the room was. Again, I got moving and started dusting things and washing knick-knacks, between loads of laundry. It was exactly working out but I was moving my body. I kept looking at the bike the entire time but my back was telling me not to. I'm so glad that I did the cleaning instead of the working out. I think that the gentle, slow, calculated movements that I did yesterday helped. By bedtime last night, I felt a little twingy but looser. This morning, I expected to wake up knotted but I was okay. I actually got through a potential back issue without having to lay on a heating pad for days.

I'm not entirely certain that the whole tired / back thing wasn't caused by the food hangover I suffered on Saturday. Today, I feel like my digestive system has resumed normal activities, my back is better, I feel good. Also, despite my activities (or lack thereof) over the weekend, I lost weight this week, 3 more pounds. I lost an inch on my right thigh as well. My calves aren't getting smaller but they are getting firmer. I'm getting stronger. Tonight I plan on doing some walking and then, tomorrow, back to my regularly scheduled workouts. I know that it's going to be a great week this week because I'm going to make sure of it!

No comments: