Saturday, April 05, 2003

Today has been so dull and dreary outside that I couldn't get out for a walk. That's three days in a row now, snow, rain and ice. It totally bites. I had really hoped to get outside and get some fresh air and some exercise this weekend. The ice is pretty bad outside so I've been stuck indoors. I did get in a workout though, today was my "long program" on the bike. It was really well, nice and sweaty. I did some weights too. I've been slowly building up the number of repetitions I do with my 2 lb hand weights and I can feel a difference in my arms now. I also find that my shoulders get really tight if I go too long with stretching them out and lifting some weights.

Eating has been under control so far today. Saturdays are ordinarily a little difficult for me. This afternoon, instead of my fruit snack, I treated myself to a diet soda and some Skinny Sticks. My hunny likes the chips but I'm a big fan of the sticks. I love the texture and the flavours are very good, particularly the Maui Wowee. Tonight my hunny's making pad thai, one of my favourites. I love anything that I can eat with chop sticks. Last night we had chili and rice (which was heavenly btw!) and I joked that I'd miss using my chopsticks and reluctantly picked up a fork and spoon. I find that when we eat Asian-influenced food, I love to use the sticks because they slow me down. I really savour every bite and eat more slowly. This way I trick myself into thinking I'm eating more and I get full faster. I highly recommend this method. Nice thing about them too is that you can use them for practically everything ('cept chili!).

I'm not sure what we're up to tonight. I would imagine we'll be in for the evening. I don't want to venture out in this storm. It should be interesting to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: