Monday, October 13, 2003

The weekend's sailing by. I'm feeling a bit better than I did on Saturday. I got some good sleep the past couple of nights and have been dreaming less and less about what happened at work on Thursday. We had our Thanksgiving meal at mum's yesterday. She had it at 1 p.m. which was nice. I like that she does that, you have the best part of the day to digest the meal. There was a lot of food and I had dessert and everything (pumpkin pie and maple ice cream).

mmm...I just realized that I didn't post yesterday. I guess there's just not to report these past few days. I didn't even bother weighing in on Saturday. My heart just wasn't in it, I couldn't be bothered to see that the scale hadn't moved this week. I'm fairly certain that it did not go down. I may have even gained a pound or two this week, it's been one of those weeks, if you know what I mean.

The past few days have not been on program. I mean, I'm aware of what I've been eating but I wouldn't say that anything is really "controlled" as far as portion sizes go. I also have not worked out all weekend. I have been doing a fair bit of work around the house but that's not the same. I'm getting back on track today though. My hunny is going to rebuild our computer later today and I plan to finish up my laundry, workout, and pamper myself today. We don't have any commitments today, no where we have to be so we can just stick close to home and veg out. I need a day to veg out, to recharge my batteries, to move my body in a healthy way and make myself feel good again. There has been too much self-indulgent crap in my head the past few days and I need to clear that out and start fresh.

As I've done and said in the past (well, since January), I will not dwell on slip-ups anymore. I will not beat myself up because I had a few cookies over the weekend. I will brush off the crumbs, get back on the bike and eat some fruit. I know that I can do it, I'm strong enough to not let the bad mood I've been in completely compromise what I've been working so hard on. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: