Friday, April 30, 2004

peaceful

The only sounds I can hear right now are coming from the fans in my computer and the ceiling fan above my head. My boss kindly gave us all the afternoon off so I've been home for about 30 minutes now.

The restructuring stuff is still in progress right now. We had a big group meeting this morning and found out where we'll all be moving (I found out yesterday that I'd be moving to a new location but wasn't told where until today). I'm really thrilled about where I'm going to be working. It's in the basement of our building but it's a really nice space. It's also toasty warm in the winter and nicely cool in the summer so it should be good. In my previous job I worked in a basement for 8 years and never had a problem with it. After the meeting, we were all taken out for lunch and then were "sprung" for the rest of the day. I didn't know about it ahead of time so I haven't planned anything but right now I'm just enjoying the silence.

It's been a busy week. We're still getting things settled here at home and work's been a bit of a nightmare. I don't know how much longer I can keep up the pace. I actually felt a little guilty about not going back to the office after lunch but I'm over that now. I figured I should take advantage of it while I can, right?

For the past 3 days, I've taken a break from working out. My muscles are still screaming at me from moving the other day and I know I needed the rest. Eating hasn't been perfect but it also hasn't been terrible so I'm not beating myself up over it. I have been finding that I'm really hungry the past couple of days. I'm not sure what's causing it but I've been finding that I'm filling up quickly at meals so at least I'm not over eating.

I suspect that the weekend will be busy around here. We want to get the LOG's wardrobe up and into his room so I can help him finish unpacking. Once that is done, we can take a break. Not sure when this break will happen but we'll figure it out.

No comments: