Wednesday, January 19, 2005

day 17 - the hunt is on

Why did I leave my camera at home today? For a few months last year, I had gotten into the habit of taking it with me everywhere I would love to have it with me right now to record what is happening outside of my office window. My window faces a "moat" underneath a large veranda (the building I work in is an almost 200 year old mansion). Fine snow is blowing and swirling around the moat, drifting through the slats in the veranda floor. It's quite something to see. At the moment, we're getting one humdinger of a snow storm. Getting home tonight should be interesting.

Last night, we had some errands to run. The wind chill was minus 24 but, good Canucks that we are, that didn't stop us. On the way home, I experienced a massive chocolate craving. I knew it was time to buy some trusty tootsie rolls. Do you think I could find any?? My hunny suggested Costco. I didn't really want to get them there because I didn't want to have a 1 kilo drum of them leftover when PMS passed but I tried anyway. Nothing. I couldn't believe it. We tried one more store on the way home and when they didn't have them I knew it was time to go home. It was too damned cold to be driving all over town for a stupid tootsie roll. I'm thinking that I wasn't meant to have any. When I got home, I had some Crispy Mini's and watched the end of a movie I'd started watching during my workout in the morning. I took them upstairs so I couldn't wander through the kitchen all evening. They were okay but they didn't do anything for my chocolate craving. At least that was all that I ate, it could have been really bad!

This morning, I broke 7 miles on my bike! I was shocked to see that I had peddled 7.12 miles during my 30 minute interval program. What a great feeling!! If I can keep this up, I shouldn't have any trouble meeting the "mileage" goals I have set for myself. yay!!

No comments: