Thursday, April 07, 2005

day 95 - insult? allow me to introduce you to my friend, injury

Goodness gracious folks, I'm sick. Big surprise huh?? It's official, I have a disgusting head cold. All winter I would get symptoms and think, "why can't I just get the damned cold, get good and sick and get it over with." Well, obviously, when I get lots of rest, exercise and healthy, home-cooked meals, my body couldn't get "good and sick."

Yesterday afternoon, I started to feel my throat closing in and I knew it was coming. By the time we got back to the motel last night, it was official, I felt like shit. I couldn't sleep for more than 45 minute without having to get up and blow my nose. The sleeplessness may have also been the mattress, much firmer than the one we have at home.

In any event, I have dragged my sorry ass into work this morning for a couple of reasons: 1. I am helping out with a big project today and can't not be here and 2. What would I do in a motel all day when I can't sleep well on the bed and there's only basic cable?!!? Fortunately, they have free wireless internet in the room so I may take my work laptop "home" with me tonight. If I'm feeling crappy tomorrow, I could do a bunch of stuff from there.

Speaking of work, I had better get my day started. Happy Thursday kids!

No comments: