Thursday, March 30, 2006

forgetting to remember

With LOG still in the hospital, it's been easy to forget about doing nice things for yourself.

On the way into the hospital the other evening, I twisted my ankle.

Because we've been in and out of the hospital, or at least that's what I'm blaming it in, I can't seem to shake the last of my cold.

And, oh yeah, in the last 48 hours, we've watched LOG go from doing really well but sleeping too much, to a move into the step-down unit complete with dopamine and blood transfusions to try to bring his blood pressure back up from dangerously low levels (around this time, we had the serious funeral discussions for the second time in a week) to sitting with him for 45 minutes while he smile, chatted, joked, harassed the nurses and complained about the lack of rugelach in the hospital.

It's a roller coaster people. I'm about ready to jump off but I keep hanging on, hanging on and waiting for the weekend when I might be able to snag a couple of extra hours of sleep. *fingers crossed*

No comments: