Tuesday, November 21, 2006

simple

I seem to be posting about once a week. This isn't bad, considering how infrequent my posts have become over the past few months.

The last week has been busy for me. At times, it's been easy to be "good" about food choices, at others, I've not cared too much. That's a by-product of the busy. The busy this week involved me having to travel out of town to help out at an event. While away, I think/know I got a touch of food poisoning and my stomach has been wonky ever since. Tonight, it's particularly bad but I'm hoping it'll pass soon.

I had a huge surprise at the end of last week. I think it was Thursday or Friday when I decided to step on the scale. Mostly, I check it to make sure that I haven't gained 20 pounds over night. Status quo is my friend right now so you can imagine my shock when the scale said I was down 6 pounds. I'm not sure that it's a legitimate loss, that it wasn't just from stress and fluctuations in how much water I'm carrying around. Either way, it made me feel good and kept me pretty much focused on good eating for a few days.

Speaking of which, here are some kind of neat NSV's that I've experienced this week:

1. passing up on a piece of homemade cheesecake in the office last week. It was brought in for a lovely friend's birthday but I just couldn't eat it, not before lunch anyway.

2. choosing a veggie omelet and toast when we went out for lunch, out of town, over the weekend. I really was jonesing for some pizza or a huge plate of pasta but I had the veggie heavy eggs instead.

3. I just said "no" to jelly beans, gummy things and homemade chocolate chip cookies at work too. I wish I could find it as easy to say "no" at home as I do at work.

This week, I'll be super duper happy if I have managed to maintain that crazy 6 pound loss. On the other hand, I'll not be suicidal if I gain it back this week. I don't really believe it happened anyway.

No comments: