Friday, February 29, 2008

invigorated?

This week, on top of the intentional, good stuff I've been doing for myself, I've had to do a lot of outside walking during my work days. I've had meetings here and there so I've had to bundle up and make my way through the frozen tundra (not really tundra but definitely frozen).

I should be embarassed to admit this but, I tell ya, recently, I've become so lazy and out of shape that I'd been very carefully planning these trips so as not to take one extra step than was absolutely necessary. Part of the reason for this strategy was that I have been feeling so slow and bulky and out of shape that it actually was difficult for me to make some of these treks.

This week has been marginally better. I had more treks out into the world. The more little trips I take, the better I feel. I noticed on Wednesday, that on my way back to the office (through a particularly icy patch) my hips were hurting me. This morning, I didn't have that happen. I think I actually felt good when I got back to my desk. My lungs had been filled with some frosty air, my cheeks were a little frost-bitten (again not really but they were really cold) and I felt good. The really kind of cool thing (for me anyway) about this morning was that this particular meeting was about as far away from my office as I would normally have to go, it was uphill, against the wind and it wasn't something that I absolutely had to attend.

Now, again, this all might sound a little silly to a fit person but for an unfit, typically lazy soul like myself, it was an accomplishment that I'm feeling pretty good about. I'm also planning to do my exercise thing when I get home tonight as well so, yeah, yay me. Big frosty walk and exercise. Not bad for a lump huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest