Sunday, February 09, 2003

Well I didn't get to post last night. We were doing some upgrades to our PC so it was off line yesterday for a bit. Obviously, it's back up and running tonight.

I'm starting to get into the swing of weekends, finally. The first few weekends on this plan, I found it really tough to stick with the program. This weekend was a breeze though. Keeping busy is the secret I find. We even ate dinner out last night and I stayed on plan. Now that hubby is into Fitday too, he's really paying close attention to his food. He cooks most of our meals and was really into eyeballing portions. In a non-nagging way, I started pointing out the actual caloric content of some of his portions and it was a real eye-opener for him. He's also joined me in my label-reading and that's been a small shock to him I think. I know that it was to me when I first began reading them.

I was totally pooped last night. Yesterday was the first day since I hurt my back that I did any real physical activity. I did a lot of housework and was up and down the stairs more times than I care to count. I also got back on my bike last night for a little bit. Not a long time, just about 10 minutes or so. I could feel my hip and my back twinging a bit so I stopped what I was doing before I started to hurt. It was not a good exercising type of hurt, it was a bad, "hey, you hurt me last week, what the hell do you think you're doing?" type of hurt.

Today I'm taking a break from the bike again but I've been walking a bit more than I have in over a week. It's really slow to mend this time and it was extremely frustrating. Makes me really appreciate how lucky I am to not suffer with any kind of chronic physical pain.

One final note, tonight marks the end of our fifth week. Five weeks, who'd a thunk it?

No comments: