Monday, September 22, 2003

Monday just zipped by. I couldn't believe how quickly it passed. We're now into the final stretch of our "busy season" at work. Two weeks from today it'll be all over for another year with just the clean up to look after. This week, I'm feeling more organized and will (I hope) be able to cope a little better than I did last week. Tonight, we got home at our normal time and I can smell dinner cooking. Fortunately, it'll healthy and hearty and we'll be finished before 7 p.m. Yah-hoo!

Today's Progress Prompt:

Exercise, and diet "buddies" can be really helpful, but too much dependence can also sabotage your routine. How have friends hindered your weight loss success in the past, and what do you do to overcome those obstacles?

I have never had my weight loss program hindered by my weight-loss buddies. I have buddies at work in my office and I have buddies who I have met online. My office buddies frequently fall off of the wagon but they don't drag me with them. I can fall off the wagon quite nicely on my own. My online buddies are also human and I try to help them when they have had a tumble and they do the same for me. My hunny is doing this with me and has been since the beginning (back in January). He's been a great support to me and usually, when I'm really stressed and fall off program, he falls off with me because we get stressed about the same things. I take full ownership for any mistakes I have made along the way but overall, it's not sabotaged anything.

No comments: