Tuesday, March 23, 2004

just like people I hate

This morning I went in to work despite being sick. I hate to do this, I generally get pissed off when others do this but, seeing how I know that I got this head cold at the office I didn't feel too bad about it. I had a meeting this morning that couldn't have been missed so I wandered around with a jug of water in one hand and a box of kleenex in the other. I wasn't treated like a pariah though, more like the last kid on the block who gets the chicken pox. The others are allowed to play with you because they have all had it already.

By 1:15 though, I was fading fast and headed for home. I rested all afternoon but I still feel incredibly shitty right now. I have had bouts of fighting the cold off and on all winter but this is the first full-blown actual head cold I've had all winter. I had a bad stomach flu in January but not a red-nose, can't breathe/can't sleep cold. I shouldn't complain I guess. Some folks in my office have had this 2 or 3 times already. I hate to think of how sick I might have been (given the stress and illness in our office) if I hadn't been eating right, taking vitamins and exercising regularly!

Last night I didn't sleep much and when I woke up, I sat on the edge of the bed thinking "exercise? no exercise?" for about 10 minutes. Eventually, I came to the decision that some exercise couldn't hurt. I didn't do any resistance training but I did some light cardio. I actually felt better afterwards so I was glad that I did it. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I'm planning on over-medicating myself again very soon in hopes of actually getting some sleep tonight!!

No comments: