Monday, May 30, 2005

didja miss me?

Yikes.

What a week. I guess it was actually about 10 days. We're all moved now and are starting to get settled. I have posted a bunch of photos of the new place on my flickr account if you would like to take a look.

This was the biggest move either of us had ever made and we're still feeling pretty beaten up at the moment. It was very physically demanding and emotionally draining. I had no idea how stressed out I had been over the past 6 weeks until Friday night. After dinner on Friday, my body felt like it was shutting down. I could hardly walk, I was doubled over with some weird cramps (TOM arrived in the middle of the move but there were distinctly not TOM cramps -- it was strange) and was barely coherent. We had to get up sort of early on Saturday because some young men we had hired to clear out our crawl space arrived at around 8 a.m. I let my hunny deal with that and I stayed in bed. My legs still felt like jello but the cramps were pretty much gone. I think I'd been running on adrenaline for several days and, once we got back from the lawyers on Friday (after closing in the sale of our old house), my body just decided to stop functioning properly.

I spent the morning in bed, watching a movie and being a veg. Eventually, I found my bath robe and wandered out into the kitchen but I still felt very weak. I had never felt like this before and hope to never feel that way again. We've both decided that we don't ever want to move again and honestly, we're so head-over-heels in love with the new house that I can't imagine why we'd want to.

On the health and fitness front, I didn't track anything at all but I am fairly sure that I burned far more calories than I took in. I still feel pretty disgusted with myself though. Both of us gained a chunk of weight over the past 6 weeks. My face feels really round, my ankles and fingers are a little swollen (I know that this is partly due to stress -- it feels like my blood pressure has been up a bit over the past week, wonder why huh??) and I was convinced that I had re-gained all of the weight I had lost. On Saturday, when I did finally get out bed and bathe, I found a pair of capri pants in my closet that I got when I dropped the first 50 pounds. I was afraid to even try to wear them because I was certain that I would not get into them and I didn't want to face it. Fortunately, I bitch-slapped myself and pulled them on. They fit, thankfully. I hadn't done as much damage as I thought I had.

I know that now that I'm back to work and we return to our normal routine, I'll start to feel better. The bloat will disappear, the blood pressure will drop, healthy eating will resume (we grocery shopped on the weekend and filled our new fridge with lots of veggies and lean meats -- we have no gas for our new stove yet so we'll be bbq'ing for a few weeks), we will sleep again.

When I have some time this week, I'll write more about the actual move, probably over on my regular blog. I hope to be back into the swing of things over here. I plan to report on good eatin', lots of walks in our fabulous new tree-lined neighbourhood and other fun exercise news. I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, now, if I can just lift the enormous amount of weight I have on my ass and hips, I'll be a happy kid.

Have a good week folks!!

No comments: