Monday, June 06, 2005

new week

I had all kinds of great plans for the weekend. Sadly, most of them didn't happen. High on my list was getting caught up from the sleep I'd been missing out on. On Saturday morning we did sleep in but I was really stiff and sore when I got up. For the past few months, we'd been talking about getting a new bed. Every time we'd start talking about it, we'd realize that our house wasn't big enough for us to get a king sized bed. On Saturday afternoon, frustrated by the aches and pains we were both feeling, we went out and bought a new bed. It arrived yesterday and it's lovely.

The queen sized bed we had been sleeping on, in it's day was a very good one. I paid a lot of money for it and it's done me well over the years. For four years, I didn't sleep on it (we slept on the mattress my hunny brought with him when he moved in with me -- it was 10 years old at the time). When his old bed finally died, we started sleeping on my old bed again. I bought it in 1988 so, it's well past it. It's actually not a bad bed, for a couple of nights but so we're going to keep it in our guest room. The new one is huge but it's not so big that it totally fills the room. It felt weird having all of that extra space last night though.

Honestly, my hunny slept like the dead but I didn't sleep well at all last night. My annual performance review at work was this morning. On Friday afternoon, I got myself into a state and convinced myself that I'd be fired. Stupid? Paranoid? Irrational?? Yeah, I know. My review went very well. I haven't been fired. I was really nervous though, all weekend. I even freaked out a little about spending the money on the bed, we should be saving it, in case I get fired. So, I didn't get fired, we did get the new bed and I shall sleep on it tonight, and have a restful sleep, not the up every 30 minutes and then toss and turn for 10 minutes kind of sleep I had last night.

In addition to shopping for a bed and then having to run around and find linens for it, we had company for almost the entire day (and for dinner) on Saturday and then different company yesterday. It's been great to see everyone but yikes, it makes it hard to get stuff done. We had almost no time to just chill out and my eating was not fantastic this weekend. Dinner on Saturday and last night was pretty okay but Friday night we had Chinese buffet and I ate a whole bunch of those little tiny tootsie rolls. Not good. Oh well, 10 loads of laundry and all of those trips up and down the stairs to the laundry room must burn a crap load of calories, right?

Anyway, once again, its Monday so here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week 2
  • intentional exercise: I walked a little bit and continued moving boxes around, a lot. I also did a small amount of yard work over the weekend. This is something that I'll have to get back into doing but for the moment, I'm happy to keep active by unpacking and stuff like that (not to mention that my bike is hidden behind a wall of boxes at the moment.
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • As I wrote last week, I'm up 9 pounds since my weigh-in in early May. Considering that when I weighed in last Monday, I was 23 pounds up (a huge fluid gain), 9 pounds is not terrible. I'm not thrilled about it but then, I wasn't exactly "careful" about what I ate over the weekend.

No comments: