Monday, June 30, 2003

I'm so stunned today, I almost forgot today's Progress Prompt:

What kind of clothes do you normally wear every day?

What I wear varies on what I have to do on a given day. I'm an events planner so if we're working at an event (again, depends on the event), I can be in shorts or jeans or really really dressed up. We also have days where we are lugging and slugging boxes and setting stuff up and crawling around in the basement (our office basement looks like something out of the goonies) so those days can be very casual, sneakers, tshirts, jeans.

What is your favourite piece of clothing?

At the moment, it is a pair of red capri pants which I purchased last summer. At the time of purchase (via eBay so I didn't try them on), I couldn't do the fly up on them and the legs were so tight I looked completely hideous. Now, they not only fit (and look good), I can slide them off without unbuttoning / unzipping them. Basically, anything I couldn't fit into before but can now, is a favourite!

What piece of clothing do you avoid the most? Why?

There isn't anything that I won't wear. I like to wear clothes that are comfortable and fit me and look okay. I wear shorts and skirts and dresses and will even wear a bathing suit. If there was anything in the past that I would avoid, it's sleeveless items. A couple of weeks ago though, I actually wore something sleeveless for the first time since I was a little kid. My arms are still fat and flabby but I can feel (and somewhat see) the muscles underneath the blubber now!

Do your weight issues influence the way you shop? Are you a clotheshorse, or do you only shop when you need a clothing item?

I've always been a fat girl so that's always influenced the way I shop. I have to shop in the fat girl stores. I'm not really a clotheshorse, I buy what I need.

No comments: