Monday, January 12, 2004

Happy Monday all!

When I hopped out of bed this morning, I was all fired up to work out...I didn't technically "work out" though. What I actually did was shovel the driveway again. 40 minutes of shovelling. It had warmed up a lot so there was much sweat and effort involved. I felt absolutely terrific after doing it. There is something so wonderful about being outside at 5:15 a.m., alone on the street, shovelling while the snow falls. It was super peaceful and pretty. I don't even mind too much that by the time I had eaten breakfast, showered and gotten my butt back downstairs, the driveway and sidewalks were covered again. I'll get to shovel it all over again when we got home from work tonight!

So far, today is going really well. The fresh air blast this morning has left me in a fabulous mood. I know I keep saying it but I'm feeling so strong and healthy these days, it's a little surreal for me.

Anyway, I'm a little late on this one, but here is yesterday's Progress Prompt:

In 2003, what was the best thing about your weight loss program? In 2003, what was the worst thing about your weight loss program?

The best thing about my weight-loss program was that it worked. For the first time in my entire life I actually lost some weight and I kept it off, all year. That totally rocked!! The worst thing about 2003 was that I got side tracked in the fall by some stuff that was going on at work and I stalled. The upside of that was that I learned how to do maintenance. I didn't gain any weight until the holidays (of course). I actually maintained my weight loss for almost 3 months. In 2003 I learned how to lose the weight and get healthier. In 2004 I'm not letting anything sidetrack me. I know now how to avoid it happening again.

No comments: