Monday, June 11, 2007

mind over m&ms

I'm happy to report that the eating while hungry thing continued over the weekend. It even worked today. It's a nice feeling and I'm enjoying the control.

Yesterday afternoon though, for some unknown to me reason, I starting jonesing for M&M peanut candies. Not just a little bag, I wanted that jumbo sized party bag from Costco. The one that costs $10. I kept thinking about driving out there (it's no where close to my home) and having them to eat while we watched the Sopranos finale.

Fortunately, I was able to talk myself out it and when I knew that the store was closed, I knew I'd won. It wasn't easy but I did it. I still can't figure out why I wanted them. Could be hormonal I guess, or nothing at all. It did pass though, thank goodness. Curse you yellow bag of candy goodness!!

4 comments:

The Fat Foreigner said...

Just to let you know I tagged you for this, hope that's okay!

FatMom said...

Wow, you are a STRONG woman! Good for you!

Denise said...

How're you doing? Haven't "seen" you in a while, so I thought I'd check in. Hope all's well!

:-)

Big Momma Black said...

I got the same victory over Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee ice cream. I used to eat a whole pint once (and sometimes two or three times) a day. Ah, sweet victory.....