Monday, July 23, 2007

i hate hormones

There are times when my hormones make me crazy.

Over the weekend, particularly on Saturday morning when a combination of PMS and allergies was driving me insane, I know I was a raging bitch. I'm not normally like this so I know that the allergies had a huge part to play in it.

We snacked on fresh fruit all weekend even though, in the back of my head, someone was screaming for chocolate. I made a banana bread, figuring that the sweet bread would curb that chocolate craving. It did not (although it was delicious - is delicious, we actually still have some left and I made it on Saturday).

All day today, chocolate. I want it but I know that I don't need it.

I'm at home right now, without easy access to the delicious brown stuff. I do have cocoa, and chocolate chips and could bake something but that smacks of effort.

I'll try not to bite my nails or scream. I'll ride this out but I am hating my hormones, hating PMS and am not particularly fond of whoever it was that discovered chocolate candy.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

You stick with it just say NO. I'm exactly the same during that time of the month, it sure tests your will power.

Vics

FatBlokeThin said...

Sorry to ‘spam’ you but I am holding a fun weight loss challenge over at my blog FatBlokeThin.

If you want to join in, please leave a comment or e-mail me. Thanks!

FatBlokeThin

Anonymous said...

I think I'm having the same problem. I too got the costco bag of m&m's. But I ate most of them. :(
Good luck, it's not easy.
Regards,
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Over a year later and I find you!
I find primrose oil capsules really help with the pms. Two a day four times a day for two weeks before THE day, more or less. Chasteberry also helps, and black cohosh...good luck.