Sunday, October 28, 2007

3 down 1 to go

I've got one day left of my 3 day weekend.

We've been very restrained this weekend. Ordinarily, I think I'd be doing a lot more snacking while I'm home. Home is a dangerous place for me. When I am outside of the house, I can be as good as gold. I make good choices, I control my portions.

Absent minded eating, or eating because I'm bored, is something that is easy to do while I'm home. Fortunately, this weekend, I've found myself being somewhat restrained.

Activity has improved too this weekend. I've been getting projects done around the house that have been put off for far too long. We got out and did some errands and took a drive and a bit of a walk earlier today. This is really the first weekend that I've felt I've been able to enjoy the beauty of fall.

My hope is that I'm back on the right track again. It's a small amount of progress for me but it's progress nonetheless.

4 comments:

Beagle Girls said...

Keep up the good work. You can do it.

muchachadeldiva said...

hey, was just looking to introduce myself, im trying to get my act together and start a weight loss blog and was looking for some help! how much have you got to lose?

muchachadeldiva said...

hey,

ive just started my own weight loss blog, and was looking to get some tips/advice from anyone else trying to lose weight! how much have you got to lose?

Anonymous said...

I eat when I'm bored too! It's hard to stay on track, especially during the holidays. To help me figure out what's best for me, I want to read Dr. Dean Ornish's new book the "Spectrum". He provides you tools to customize a way of eating, managing stress, and exercising that is based on your own desires, needs, and genetic predispositions. Hopefully this will help me figure out what's best for me... Here's a link to an interesting discussion about it: http://www.wellsphere.com/viewGroup.s?id=110918