Monday, January 14, 2008

wandering

It's week 2 of my new job. I realize that I did not post at all during week 1. Week 1 was busy and a couple of days last week, I didn't take a proper break (and that's normally when I make the time to write here). So far, so good. I love the building and the people and the work is not bad either. There is a period of adjustment happening at the moment, of me to all three of these things. It'll take me a few more weeks to get my head around everything I'm sure.

There is actually a fitness benefit to this job. In my old job, I was up and down stairs a lot but if I didn't want to, I could easily avoid having to walk much outside of the building. I was in the central office so eventually, most folks/stuff would come to where I was. I'm in an, um, "outpost" I suppose is a good word. It's a small building, set apart from the central administrative buildings, so there is actual outside in the fresh air walking required. It's good. I'm wicked out of shape right now so this is very good for me.

I still haven't gotten into a routine at home yet but I'm working on that this week. As always, I struggle with weekend eating. Weekdays are fine, I've avoided baked goods and candy (that is sitting right on the table in the kitchen) at work for 6 days so far. I drink my water and chew my gum (sugarless minty stuff that really makes you not want to eat anything cuz it's creating the same senstation as brushing one's teeth) and avoid chocolate.

So that's where I am, 2 weeks into our new year. Plugging away, trying to make small changes that I can stick with, hoping for the best.

No comments: