Friday, January 25, 2008

logging

My logging of foods continues. It's a help. I feel a little more controlled about things right now.

Yesterday was a really good exercise day. I managed to work two semi-longish (for me anyway), brisk walks in arctic like winds. I felt really good by the end of the day (I managed to work the walking around my breaks at work). We went out for dinner last night and I know that I ate a little more than I needed to but I didn't feel terrible about it because afterall, I walked around in the freezing cold.

The weekends are my down fall and I'll see how this weekend goes. I have a few little projects planned which should keep me busy. I really just need to resist the temptation to bake some cookies or brownies. On my list this weekend, really close to the top (after get some rest) is to start back on my recumbent bike.

It's on folks, I feel good about the small progress I've made this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writing down everything you eat is such a help! Good job! Personally, I always have the urge to "fudge" my journal and pretend I didn't eat that brownie or whatnot - but I always pay on weigh-in day. So I've learned to be honest with myself.

Weekends are the worst - I hear ya. I have yet to be good on my diet during the weekend. Maybe one of these days it'll happen for me...

Anyway, best of luck this upcoming week!

Anita Danger said...

I could not believe I wasn't losing weight, I thought I was doing everything right. I started to write down what I was putting in my mouth and was surprised at the things I never realized I was eating. Those little handfuls of nuts, the little piece of this, and that, it all adds up during the day. This is a very helpful thing to do to keep track of everything.

h*dizzle said...

yeah! i have this calendar right by my kitchen and i write down all the food i eat there! along with how many calories i burn when i exercise. it kind of serves as a reminder whenever i walk by it!

Anonymous said...

Good post.