Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wednesday plus one wrap-up - week 14

Wow, did you think I fell off of the planet?

I did not, I was very much still stuck on earth but just got very bad at posting. Since spring has sprung, I've been spending more time outside and less time in front of the computer.

During my time away, I wish I could say that I was an excellent healthy choice making, weight-dropping shrinking girl. I could say that I suppose but it would be a lie. We went through a 2 week period of really not caring much about our diets. I guess it was the weekend after my last post. It was my hunny's birthday and we just sort of went hog wild. The birthday continued with a weird chip-binge for a couple of weeks. I can't tell you how many chips I ate, it was shocking. Fortunately, I've since gone cold turkey on the chips and haven't touched one in a few weeks. I literally have no will power with chips. I'm okay with microwave popcorn (which I've had) or a handful of baked crackers but chips, I seriously can't stop.

For the past couple of weeks, we've dramatically reduced the number of meals we're eating out of the house. We are grilling dinner more and more often and we're creating some fabulous salads. Overall, I think we're doing well. The way we are tweaking ouy meal plan is making it very sustainable. That's important to me.

I think I'm back on track with the posting thing...I'm going to try anyway, in the meantime, here's my weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending May 28
  • continuing to take my vitamins every single day
  • water goal was not met this week. Due to cold temperatures in the office, drank more tea than water. Probably had more pop than water in the evenings due to fabulous sale priced Diet Coke
  • did not give into fresh baked chocolate chip cookie tempation at the office this week - I let the triatholon runner have my portion!
  • exercise has consisted of running with the puppy in the yard, chasing balls and frisbees around, some gardening and walks with puppy
  • continue to avoid the scale. I don't feel like I've gained but I don't think I've lost either, maitenance has been determined by the pant-o-metre

1 comment:

randommsugirl said...

i just wanted to say; i just stumbled on your blog and i love reading it. i keep trying to be like you, but i too have some issues with chips (and baked crackers for that matter), drinking water, eating out, and remembering to take my vitamins.
Go you!