Wednesday, September 20, 2006

hanging by a thread

well I managed to barely get through my busy week last week, it was really difficult but I made it. I'm still exhausted though and I don't see an end in sight for that. LOG is in the hospital and we don't expect that he'll make it through the next 12 hours. We've been with him at the hospital all day, he's very weak, his lungs are full of fluid, his heart is very weak and he has a serious infection that is out of control. He's on morphine and oxygen and is very very comfortable right now. We don't expect that he'll regain consciousness though. We hope to get a few hours of sleep tonight and get back to see him in the morning. This has been a long time coming but it still feels strange. I guess you never really know how you're going to feel about something like this until you're in the middle of it.

3 comments:

neca said...

Take care. I know this is a very difficult time for you & your family.

Jaime said...

I'm really sorry to hear about LOG. I lost my great-grandmother this spring, and even when you're sorta expecting it, it's odd. I wish you and your family peace and healing.

Shrinking Girl said...

thanks guys. the palliative care team at the hospital have been amazing. with any kind of luck, he'll pass tonight or early tomorrow and he won't be suffering any more. goodness knows, he deserves that.