Monday, September 11, 2006

maah!

I probably shouldn't be here right now. By "here" I mean at home, in front of my computer, smelling the dinner that is being cooked for me right now, enjoying a breeze through my window. I should probably be at the office. I was there on Saturday and it didn't seem like enough. Yesterday, I put work out of my head as much as I could. Today, I worked 9 hours without a break and by the time 4 p.m. rolled around I was mushy. My brain was mushy, I couldn't think or concentrate. It was time to go home.

Tomorrow, I think I'll go in an hour earlier than I did today (which was an hour earlier than I'm actually due in). I can get more done in the early hours when it's quiet and no one is around than I can if I stay late.

Alas, the count down is on. At work, I mean... I think I have mentioned this before but I'll mention it again, I work in events... and while our team works on many events throughout the year, the biggest of the "big annual events" starts this Thursday. It's working on this event that has kept me from my blog and allowed me to give myself permission to be less than good. I won't say bad because I haven't been bad, I've lacked focus is probably the best way to describe it.

Now, even though I'm not 100% on plan these days, my eating hasn't been horrible. I've still not got a strong handle on the exercise thing but I plan to focus on that once this week is over with. I did hop on the scale the other day, to see how horrible things had gone and fortunately, I'd maintained. I was happy about that.

Right now, given how insane the rest of my life is, it's just nice to have something to feel happy about!!

3 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Enjoy the rest.

Anonymous said...

don't you hate when u feel like u just don't have enough hours in the week to catch up on all the work you have!

congrats on the 9 pounds in 5 weeks by the way - awesome work!

Denise said...

Hope all is well and that you're still kicking booty with your journey to better health!!!