Saturday, March 10, 2007

all fall down

It is not easy to fall with grace. I know of what I speak because I fell in our driveway the other morning, with no grace at all. I tripped over my boot laces (well, the laces from one boot became tangled on the hook of another boot) and the next thing I knew, I was on my knees in the snow. At first, I was concerned that I'd "knee'd" my pants. Fortunately, I did not do this. When I got into the car, shaken but not stirred, I realized that I had cut the shit out of my hand and wrist. See, the snow is starting to slowly melt around here during the day (well on sunny days anyway). The temperatures are so cold right now though that what remains on the ground is really crunchy, crystal-y, sharp, shards of ice. My hand and wrist were sliced by ice.

For the rest of that day (Thursday), I was really stiff and sore. I was pissed too because my knee had started to feel better, I'd actually worked out a couple of mornings this week, and I all I could think about was how I'd now re-injured myself. Fortunately, this seems not to be the case. When I got up yesterday, I was a little stiff but much much much better. Today I feel almost 100%. The cold is almost gone, TOM has passed and I think my injuries are almost all mended.

It's a weird feeling, normal, after a few weeks of feeling like crap. Oh, injuries and illness aside, I seem to be doing pretty well with my eating. I know that I'm definitely not eating as much as I was a few weeks ago. My portion size had dramatically reduced and I'm not feeling hungry. In fact, I'm feeling really hungry at meals and then I don't seem to need nearly as much food as I once did, to feel satisfied. I'm really hoping that this is something which will stick with me because portion control has always been a challenge for me. Even when eating healthy food, I know that I just plain old eat too much.

Of course, the big test is the weekend, right? So far so good today. Hopefully, the rest of the weekend will be as good as last week. I'd love to see a drop on the scale sometime soon!

1 comment:

neca said...

Here's to falling scales! :-)