Thursday, August 21, 2008

empty

This week has been tough at times, at other times, not so much.

I do have a couple of things to report, good stuff I suppose, things that will help me out in the long run.

1. I cleaned out our treat cupboard. Now, the thing isn't a whole cupboard, it's more like a shelf. It also has all of our herbal teas, and crystal light and stuff. It was a mess, I threw out crusty old Werther's and cookie bits and it's now tidy, and free of starchy snacks. I will say this, recently, it's been storing digestive biscuits and licorice. Neither of these things are as bad as, let's say, delicious kit kat bars, but if you have enough of them, they aren't really smart either.

2. Fewer meals out this week. We've fallen into a bad spiral over the past month or so, of either eating out, ordering take out or making sandwiches. All of these things are not good and honestly, are pretty boring. We did grab a hot dog at Costco on Monday night because we hadn't eaten dinner and we wanted to get groceries (not on an empty stomach!). Had it with some fresca and it was good. Otherwise though, we've been preparing meals at home and have been eating all of the good produce we picked up at Costco when we shopped on a full tummy.

3. moving it. I've had, at times, crippling cramps this week but I've tried to keep moving. I didn't get walking as much as I'd have liked but I have definitely been outside, doing more than I normally would, despite the being doubled over (literally - it's very strange) with lovely TOM cramps.

No comments: