Wednesday, August 27, 2008

looking forward

Being back on track feels, well, weird I suppose. At the end of the day yesterday, logically, I felt great about what I’d consumed and the walk I’d taken at the end of the day (even if I wasn’t able to go as far as I’d hoped). Physically though, I’m feeling tired and beaten up. This morning particularly, I had a really tough time getting going.

This will shift, I know that. I’m still flushing toxins out of my system I think. I know that I’m drinking more fluids and as a result am peeing more. My skin is sort of wonky at the moment as some of the nasty stuff that’s been in system works its way out. In a few weeks, I’ll feel less bloated and my skin will improve.

I think that this shitty feeling is good though. It’s reminding me why I’m doing this. Crap meals and laying around have made me feel like a slug and I know for a fact that I’m way over that. If I eat better and move more, eventually, I’ll feel terrific. I’m looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What kind of detox are you doing?

Shrinking Girl said...

It is not anything formal Kelly. I've just stopped snacking on processed food and am drinking a lot of water. I can feel a difference already and it's only been a few days.