Monday, August 18, 2008

holy crap

Somehow, two months have passed (over two months actually) since I last updated. I wish I could say that I'd been a good, healthy-eating-exercise-doing shrinking gurl but alas, I was not.

I feel lousy too.

It's time for a change, for our entire household actually. We've just finished a two week vacation and we're both determined to get our collective shit together. The dog is going to be in on it too. Less treats for all, more walking, more biking. Generally, just a lot more of being kinder to ourselves.

I was at the funeral of my cousin on the weekend. She was 43 years old and had fought cancer for 14 years. I thought about how lucky I was to not have any major health issues at the age of 41 (although I'm fat - I think I can change that). I hate that it took a family tragedy to kick my ass again but I'll try to make something good come out of this horrible situation.

So yeah, in short, I'm back.

No comments: