Saturday, April 01, 2006

bad weird feeling

zucchini and spinach quiche with caesar salad


There are good weird feelings and bad weird feelings. Yesterday, I experienced some extreme weirdness.

Work was extraordinarily tiring yesterday. Our team had booked a spring cleaning day as our storage cupboards were a mess and we had a tonne of old printed material that needed chucking out. It was a lot of work, grimy and sweaty, but our storage areas all look terrific now, really, like a new office. We're planning to rearrange the furniture once we can book movers to help us. We all felt good about accomplishing so much but by the end of the day I was completely exhausted. I was really dehydrated, despite drinking lots of water all day. My ankle was still bothering me and I was really warm (it got up to 20 degrees here yesterday).

After work, we went over to the hospital to see LOG. When we got to his room, they were taking him for a procedure so we couldn't really visit. They told us that he'd be gone about 30 minutes and that we could wait if we wanted to. We both know that 30 minutes in a hospital, particularly on a Friday, could be 45 minutes or an hour. We told him that we'd go do some errands be back later. As we walked toward the elevator, I told my hunny that I didn't think there was any way that I could come back, I felt that lousy. As we waited for the elevator, I got really antsy. I was dying for a drink of water, felt overly warm and couldn't wait to get out of there. It didn't help that there was literally no air in the hospital, I suspect because it was so warm outside. My hunny suggested that we take the stairs and I practically ran down them, sore ankle and all.

Once I got outside, I immediately felt better. We went home and I drank two large cups of water. I still felt a little fuzzy but we had to go to the bank so we went back out again. After the bank, we had one other stop to make. I was feeling a little bit better but was really starving. We decided to stop off for something to eat and then we'd have the going-back-to-the-hospital discussion. Dinner took much longer than we'd anticipated so we never did make it back down there. We called LOG though so all was well in the end.

I don't remember a time when I was more happy to get home than last night. I think that I'm just overtired. Of course, this morning, I was wide awake at 5 a.m. so, so much for sleeping in. We both just have so much on our plates right now, it feels like too much. Between all of this business with LOG, both of us being really busy at work, and then all the regular day to day things that you have to do around the house, we're both running at full capacity. I'm not sure exactly how much longer we can keep up this pace.

For the past couple of weeks, I've made excuses about not having enough time to exercise, because of all of this stuff. I've made a vow to myself to start again on Monday. I know that if I can squeeze in, even 20 minutes in the morning, I'll have more energy and I'm sure I'll cope with this whole situation better. I'm just sorry that it took me having a real freak out in the hospital to inspire me to get my ass in gear again. I feel really tired and really fat right now and I don't like it. I much prefer to feel good about myself, rested and confident, and who wouldn't, right?

No comments: