Tuesday, April 04, 2006

from dry to productive

All day yesterday I had a dry, painful cough. Today, I have the painful cough but it's productive, if you know what I mean. That's right, a chest cold. Fun times for me huh?

Right now, I should be at a "pity party" lunch for one of my coworkers (her husband was just deployed to Afghanistan last night)but I begged off. I barely dragged my butt into work this morning, they surely didn't need me barking all over them while they ate.

I know I'm sick because of the stress of everything. LOG is still in the hospital, I'm still swamped with work from my old job, still trying to find my groove with the new one. It's a lot and I'm not surprised that I'm sick. Last week, by the end of the week, I was totally exhausted. By Sunday though, I felt sort of normal again. Of course, the cough started yesterday so I guess that was the calm before the storm.

Of course, good sometimes comes with the bad, doesn't it? I have almost no appetite. I will get hungry but the thought of food makes me nauseous. I make myself eat but it's not a lot so that's good. Right now though, I'm not overly concerned with the scale, I just want to have clear lungs and a non-sore throat again.

No comments: