Friday, November 24, 2006

just lovely, thank you

I'm having a wonderful day.

The sun is filling my living room, making it bright and warm. My mum and dad were over earlier for coffee, I have actually started prep for my holiday baking and my boxes of holiday ornaments are piled up in the kitchen.

Now, things haven't happened in the order I'd planned them so far but it all feels good just the same. I had great intentions of cleaning all morning. I started the cleaning (part of the basement looks AMAZING right now) when my mum called and said that they'd be over. I stopped cleaning, dragged the boxes upstairs and had a shower.

After they left, instead of starting up the cleaning again, I got into the prep part of my holiday baking. Right now, I'm waiting for my hunny because he's playing hookie from work this afternoon. We're planning a late lunch out somewhere nice. Later this afternoon, I'm going to clean the living room and do my window "light displays." We may get the front yard done too but if we don't, I'm not worried. It's still early and we'll get it done when we get it done.

Overall, I'm feeling more relaxed and healthy and happy than I have in weeks. Now that all of my major projects at work are finished up, I feel that a huge weight has been lifted from me. Life is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've started holiday prep too. It feels good to get things on the go.

Askazombiehousewife said...

I would want to do holiday baking
I want to set up my tree but I am lazy.
I got my cleaning done today
I bought most of my gifts.

Michelle said...

Good for you! Keep up the great work!