Wednesday, February 14, 2007

bring it on!

I'm at work right now but I haven't seen or heard anyone else in the building since I got in. We're sort of in the middle of a big winter storm that is really pounding everyone around us. It's snowing here, and blowing and the side streets are sort of crappy but I don't think we'll get as much snow as say, Trish! Last night, our quick trip out to replenish our produce supply turned into a full blown grocery shop so our kitchen is full of good food. If the weather turns really shitty, at least we don't have to worry about going any further than to work and back for the next couple of days.

So, both yesterday and today, I rode my recumbent bike!! Baby steps right? Two days in a row of intentional exercise is good I think. It's definitely a good start for me. I feel better for it already. I know that this feeling is more in my head than in my body but I like it. I can also feel my knee improving. It's still sore when I'm going up and down stairs but I'm pushing myself to go a little faster and I think that is helping. After riding this morning, I also got some shovelling in (we had a huge drift across our porch and walkway) so I feel extra good about stuff.

What a difference a couple of days can make huh??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the exercise :)

We got that snow storm as well. I shoveled for 50 minutes yesterday. Looked it up and that is 500 calories burned! Woot!

Have a great week and stay warm,

Sherry

http://likeaturtle.blogspot.com