Monday, February 12, 2007

I so owe ya one!

Just recently, I've not felt like actually sitting down in front of the computer and writing much. I have been sitting in front of it reading or playing the odd game of free cell but I can't get into writing. I have bits and pieces of stuff that may or may not make for an interesting post swirling around in my head at times. By the time I get settled in front the machine though, the thoughts are gone and the interest in creating a post has followed it off to where ever it is that lost thoughts wander to.

That said, I stepped on the scale this morning. It hadn't moved. Not up. Not down. This is good I suppose, static is always better than up, right? Of course, down would have been good but it would also been a fucking miracle. My knee has been giving me some bother (it's work related - I'm getting a new chair which should help) so I've found that my normal exercise type stuff is not easy or comfortable to do. It feels better today than it has in a while though so I should be able to groove back into that exercise mode again tomorrow.

Eating has been touch and go. We've been doing very well as far as eating at home goes. I think we've only eaten out 4 times since the beginning of the year. This is a massive accomplishment for us and I can see the difference in our bank balance. We were spending way too much money on food that was not always that good for us. Eating at home has been challenging too. I'm baking more (bread, muffins, cookies) with healthy ingredients so we have something to spice up our snacks with. I don't have any guilt whatsoever about this because I'm practising moderation with those. What I do feel badly about is the brownies. Yeah, I made brownies in a weak moment and basically demolished them. I've also been eating too much microwave popcorn. It's the "smart pop" stuff so it's not like extra buttery/chemically/whatevery but I sure didn't need to munch on two bags of the stuff over the course of Sunday afternoon. Touch and go...see?

Reading that over, I see why I'm not that inspired to write recently. I feel like I'm making the same posts over and over again "I did okay for a few days...then I blew it so I'm being good again" gets boring for me after a while, I can't imagine how boring it is for you! I guess it's my job to stop dicking around and start doing it again. It'll make me feel better about writing and it'll give you something inspiring to read about (and I won't have to mention the "b" word here). We'll see, huh?

No comments: