Friday, February 16, 2007

quickly quickly

This will be quick because it's the weekend and I can think of many things I'd rather be doing right now instead of sitting in front of the computer.

Primarily, I wanted to report on my sore knee. Today it was not so sore and the weather was quite damp. I know now that it wasn't the weather that was making it act up. I'm still 100% convinced that it was my seating arrangement at my desk that caused the initial discomfort. I'm also 100% convinced that exercise helps it! This morning, I got my big fat ass back on that recumbent bike and I rode it. When I got into the office and started up the stairs to my office (1 1/2 flights), I felt almost no pain. I'm not running up them yet but I'm almost running down them. A couple of weeks ago, it was super painful going up or down.

Neat huh?

Oh, yeah, Friday NSV...went to a office party this afternoon, a going away thing for a lovely colleague who I'll miss a bunch. They had ordered the most beautiful looking carrot cake, with decadent cream cheese icing (one of my favourites) and I didn't have any!! Yay me!!

4 comments:

sp said...

good for you!

sp said...

good for you

Anonymous said...

hey! anyone who gives up carrot cake deserves a medal! seriously well done. And heaps good on the getting back on the bike thing too!

greeneggsandtam said...

Nice work on leaving the carrot cake! I'm afraid I don't have the same resolve as you. There always seems to be some sort of treats in our staff room that I'm the first to dive into. Forget about the girl jumping OUT of the cake, I'm doing just the opposite!