Friday, July 28, 2006

big hurdle

Weekends are difficult for me when I'm trying to stay on track. I've said this time and time again and it might be true for you too, during the working week, when you're in a relatively strict schedule, it's much easier to plan meals and keep on plan. I'm looking forward to the weekend, to have two days off and just chill out and rest up but part of me dreads it too. The part of me that likes to mindlessly snack, loves the weekend. Fortunately, the kind of shitty stuff that I'd normally eat during mindless snacking is not in the house. That does make it tougher to indulge in, doesn't it?

I hope that given how perfectly on plan I have been all week, the good will I've established with myself will spill over into the weekend. If the weather cooperates, I plan to do very little except for some household and hanging out in the backyard. I have really enjoyed spending time in our little pool. One of the biggest benefits of it is that you can't eat while you're in it, well I can't anyway. I'm hoping to spend my weekend either floating around on the floaty thing we bought or on the deck, with a book in my lap. If the humidity actually breaks, I'll get some walking in. Wouldn't that be nice?? To walk outside without panting from the heavy air? Yeah, I sure hope it works out like that.

If I'm lucky, I'll just stay on course because I'm not craving junk and I won't have to white-knuckle my way through Saturday and Sunday. Wish me luck kids!!

4 comments:

neca said...

Good luck - weeeknds are always so hard for me. I understand your frustration!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! You can do it! Weekends can be a challenge, but I am pulling for you - and ME! ;-)

Adam

FatMom said...

Yeah, weekends are hard! I agree about not eating in the water! We don't have a pool, so sometimes I'll take a bath! Good luck, and stay on the right path! You can do it!

BarbaraMG said...

Good luck. If you need motivation just come back and reread your words. Very motivating!