Saturday, July 29, 2006

weakness

Last night, for the 3rd night this week I think (maybe 4th), we had salad for dinner. It was super delicious, and it had a gorgeous grilled salmon fillet on top. Yum.

About 45 minute after dinner though, we were both looking at each other and we knew we wanted something but didn't know what it was. My theory was that we were probably both craving something starchy because we haven't had any rice or pasta all week.

We both decided that a nice, whole grain granola bar would probably do the trick. I hadn't had one all week so the idea really appealed to me. When I opened the package, I thought, "hey too bad I don't have any chocolate to dip this in." Of course I was joking, partly, the other part of me is heading into serious PMS (I really didn't get my period the other day). The granola bar was good but not terrific. In the end, I had three (the first one and then two of a chewy variety that we had in the cupboard that I hadn't tried). It definitely put me over in the calorie department, having those other two bars, but not by too much. It also wasn't a bag of family-sized chips or a pound of chocolate. When I sat down to calculate it all out on Fitday, I realized that I'd been under by calorie goal by about 150 calories all week so an overage of 200 wasn't too bad.

What this does mean though, is that I'll have to keep myself busy today, and perhaps try to work more grains into my diet so that I don't get that "hey I need something" feeling in the evening.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you're doing great! And you're right - you could have had 3 scoops of ice cream or 3 candy bars. You're on the right track, and keep busy should help you out today. Good luck!

Nicole said...

Way to go! You're definitely making great choices these days, even if you occasionally indulge a little too much (though at least it's a healthier food!).

Denise said...

I'm with the others...you made a better choice and you're not obsessing, so cheers to you!