Monday, July 31, 2006

foggy headed

I really didn't want it to be Monday this morning. The weekend was so much fun that I didn't want it to end. The humidity broke yesterday, briefly, and we had a gorgeous day. I can't remember the last time I spent so much time outside. Over the weekend I actually got a pretty yucky sunburn but it wasn't as horrible as some I'd had in the past. I just keep slathering on the moisturizer and hoping for the best. At the moment, my body is at work but my mind keep drifting. I'm getting stuff done but it's requiring that I concentrate a lot more than normal. The sunshine is hugely distracting. All I want is to be at home right now.

Foodwise, except for the extra granola bars on Friday night, I kept on plan all weekend. It wasn't easy and several times I found myself entertaining thoughts of bad things. Fortunately, I was able to push them out of my head. Recently, I watched a weight-loss program on Discovery Health and a nutritionist told her client to think before she ate. She said that if you ask yourself, "Am I hungry or am I just bored and want to eat?" you might stop yourself from eating unnecessarily. She was right, if I'm hungry, really hungry, I go get a piece of fruit but many times, I would ask myself and realize that I was just bored. Neat trick huh?

So, the weekend was full of outdoor activity and healthy food. Cool huh?? Here's a photo of my lunch from Saturday:

saturday lunch  wrap

1 comment:

FatMom said...

Ah, yes, good advice indeed! Now, if I can only REMEMBER that...