Wednesday, July 26, 2006

wednesday wrap-up - week 1 (again)

This morning I packed my lunch as normal. I didn't eat it in the long run though as I had an unexpected opportunity to go home for lunch. My hunny was supposed to work today but ended up not working so he picked me up at mid-day and we went home for lunch. I actually a lot less that my normal packed lunch but I wasn't hungry this afternoon. I'm guessing that this is probably because of the weather. I don't normally take a break either, I'm an eat-at-my-desk kind of girl so, when I got back to work, I really didn't want to be there, the break was too good.

My sleeping is off and I'm feeling off-kilter (not to mention stupid) from the humidity. The weird thing is that our house is air-conditioned and very comfortable. I'm not sure why my sleeping is so messed up this week. I'm guessing that it might be caused by the strange atmospheric pressure. Also, it seems like my period might have started early. When I got home at lunch, I was a little spotty. That sometimes happens to me towards the end of when I ovulate but later on the day, it was more like my period had started. It was a little late last month so maybe it's just sorting itself out. Either way, it was a little bit of a surprise and could possibly explain the weird sleeping thing.

Anyway, what you've all been waiting for (right!) ...Here it is again...My weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending July 25
  • because it's really fucking hot here right now, the only intentional exercise I have done (about 5 days out of 7) is in our new pool. While in the pool, I've done some resistance work. Also, not that I'm making excuses but this is a fact, my back was "out" for almost the entire week. Next week should be much better on the exercise front, especially if the humidity breaks and we can get to some outside walking
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week - I even remembered on the weekend!
  • met daily water intake goal all week! The heat sure helps to motivate me to keep my liquids up.
  • I have successfully avoided carbonated beverages for the last 5 days!!
  • I have not eaten any after-dinner snacks at all for the past 5 days.
  • continued to post here every work-day since my re-start (I know it's only been three days but it's a start!)
  • tracked every morsel of food I've eaten, at fitday - good and bad. Honesty is not always fun!
  • I am officially down 4 pounds from my last weigh-in. I'm really pleased about this and I know I'll be able to keep the downward momentum when the exercise factor kicks in.


Oh, here's a photo of last night's dinner, bbq'd nut burgers and grilled veggies, yum!!

bbq - nut burgers and grilled veggies

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great job last week! My sleeping's off because of the humidity too, but it's getting better. Keep up the awesome work!

Melissa S. Green said...

Congrats on the pounds lost, & on staying away from the soda pop & drinking water instead! Hope your back improves, & also the heat. (I couldn't live with such heat!)