Thursday, July 27, 2006

it's not the heat

The air quality around here sucks right now, like really sucks. If the air were any thicker you'd be able to see it. No wonder I can't get my self together to walk outside for exercise. The air conditioning in the house makes it comfortable but not so much that I feel like exercising there either. Thank goodness for our little splashy pool or I wouldn't be moving anything at all. Tonight we're heading off to our favourite produce market again. After dinner is turning out to be a good time to do errands. We're refreshed and the sun has gone down a bit so it's not as hard to be out and about. Shopping every couple of days for fresh food instead of once a week is working out much better for us.

I haven't let the heat allow me to indulge on sugar filled popsicles or ice cream this week instead of eating real food. I can usually sway myself off path with the lamest of excuses but I'm holding strong this week. In all seriousness, going straight home after work, hopping in the pool to cool off and then eating has really curbed my evening appetite. Evening snacking has been a big issue for me in the past, I'm always happy when I can avoid temptation. So far, so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one benefit--if you can call it a benefit--of the heat is that it encourages some healthy eating.

Melons, strawberries, sweet blueberries, fresh salads... they all sound scrumptious when it's almost too hot to breathe.

You could try making your own popsicles out of blended fruit and yogurt--kind of a frozen smoothie thing.

FatMom said...

Good for you!!