Friday, July 07, 2006

blobbity blob blob

hello.

I'm feeling slightly less blobby than I did at this time last week.

At this time last week, just as our long weekend started, I was feeling really bad about myself, I felt fat (still do actually) and generally unhappy about the way things were going. Over the long weekend, I tried not to think about things too much. I knew I was PMSing and thinking about how ill-fitting some of my clothes were was just too upsetting.

Instead, I just enjoyed the weekend. The previous week had been exhausting, actually the previous month had been. Worn out, overtired, yucky. That's how I was feeling. Part of that was hormonal but part of that was the fat.

On Monday, we took a spin out to the country, to a local berry farm. We bought a big basket of fresh strawberries. Something about having fresh berries to eat all of this week helped me get my shit back together. Now, TOM came on this week, like a bitch. I've been feeling a little wonky but we've definitely been eating better. At one point, last weekend, I stepped onto the scale. I saw that I weighed exactly the same on July 1 that I did on January 1. That hard lost weight that was gone in mid-February was back. At least, I suppose, it didn't bring any friends with it.

As this week as gone by, and my period started, I dropped two pounds. I don't think that's too bad considering that I did no intentional exercise. It made me feel better, even without the exercise. Tonight, I started my two week vacation. I intend to get even more of my shit together while I'm off. I want to clean the house, clear my head, get my body moving again. Hopefully, when I go back to work in a couple of weeks, I'll have lost a few more pounds and will have re-established my exercise routine. I actually miss how I felt when I was taking better care of myself. I owe to myself to do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must have passed the blob thing on to me.

Pass the strawberries.