Thursday, December 14, 2006

actual walking

Today started out feeling a bit like a work day. A long time ago, before I had scheduled my holidays, I had signed up for a workshop for today. I'm working on a professional development certificate through work and I'm only 4 sessions away from completion so I didn't want to miss it. The session itself was good, I sat with some women I knew so I got to have a visit with them as well.

I had a couple of errands to do on campus so I was wandering around a fair bit before and after the session. Fortunately, the sun was shining and, while it was breezy, the breeze wasn't cold at all. It felt really good to be outside walking. I haven't done a whole lot of that lately. When I'm out walking, I can really feel how out of shape I am though. I can't walk quickly at all and too many flights of stairs can really knock me a bit (like more than 2 flights - the 3rd one is a struggle). Still though, a long walk in the fresh air felt good. I need to get outside (if it ever stops raining - we've had a lot of rain here just recently) and walk around the neighbourhood while I'm off from work.

As far as the cold thing goes, I'm feeling much better. I took it very easy for most of Tuesday and yesterday, the only thing I really accomplished was putting up the christmas tree and doing a small amount of housework. I'm just happy that whatever it was, has almost gone and it's just a little cough right now. There's a tonne of weird bugs floating around right now, I sure don't need to catch one of those!

No comments: