Friday, December 08, 2006

holidays!

I'm officially on holidays!!

As of about 4 p.m. today, I am on vacation until Monday, January 8.

The nicest part of this is that I have no plans whatsoever. Well, not entirely no plans, I need to get my baking done and have some holiday type gifts to buy and wrap...and then there are all of those cards that I need to get out but other than that, I'm home for four weeks.

My hunny is working so I'll be keeping the home fires burning. I joke that I can be a housewife in the 50's for a month but I doubt very much that I'll be taking any amphetamines or wearing a pointy bra anytime soon.

One of the things I really want to do while I'm off from work is to get into a more healthy routine. We've recently gone back to our bad habit of either eating out too often or eating "convenience" foods at home. Tomorrow, I'm going to go buy actual groceries. We'll be able to cook good meals, I'll have stuff to use for baking. It'll be good for us, more healthy, economical, smart. I'm really looking forward to getting some rest and just generally having time to look after myself properly for the first time in a good long time.

No comments: