Monday, December 11, 2006

specs

Today was an expensive day. It doesn't pay to leave the house, let me tell you!

I ordered new glasses this afternoon. The ones I have now, which I love, are about 4 years old and the prescription has changed slightly. I really only notice the difference when I'm watching tv or driving at night (the illuminated signs are a little fuzzy for me now). While I was spending $400 on glasses, my hunny was spending a similar amount on prescriptions. Thank goodness we will get most of that back from the insurance company huh?! Unfortunately, we won't be able to claim for the $600 we're going to have to spend on tires this week but something is better than nothing, right?

My first weekend of vacation was quiet. As promised, I did get out and get groceries on Saturday. Yesterday, I had a bit of a lazy day, doing laundry, watching tv. I had intended to get my christmas tree up but that never happened. Tonight, I feel like I may be getting a touch of a cold. I'm a little stuffed up but hopefully, it's one of those things that will be knocked out by a good night's sleep. It is sort of funny how I've started to feel a little crummy just as I'm actually getting decent amounts of sleep and am eating better. Maybe my body is in a little bit shock!

No comments: