Friday, December 15, 2006

more walking

so tell me, shopping does count as exercise right?

if it doesn't, it should!!

I spent a good chunk of today shopping. Not just holiday shopping though, some of it was of the household goods and grocery variety. I got a lot done and right now, my feet are killing me so that must have burned some calories!!

All though November, around here anyway, the produce in the stores was overpriced and underwhelming. Things in the produce section were looking up this morning though, I guess it could be because of the holidays. Whatever the reason, it was good to see fruit and veg that you actually want to eat, on sale. I also stocked us up on yogurt, seeds, healthy snack stuff... no chips in the bunch!! I've gotten really bad over the past few months with the chips. They are a huge weakness for me and I've allowed myself to indulge just a few times too many.

This weekend will be quiet for us. I have some work I need to do (I do freelance transcription in my "spare" time) tomorrow. I really want to get it done tomorrow and have Sunday off with my hunny (he's working tomorrow too) because my deadline is Monday. Other than that, we should have a nice relaxing weekend. I'm definitely not going anywhere near the stores again until next week if I can avoid it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, absolutely, walking and shopping combo is a great exercise. I am only sorry it doesn't help me get as thin as my wallet.

Happy Holidays :)

...jus me said...

it definately counts as exercise...I sure we walk miles and miles while shopping and don't even realize it until you can hardly stand up.