Wednesday, January 17, 2007

catch my disease

...I don't actually have a disease...just been listening to a lot of Ben Lee this week.

how are you doing?

I'm doing much better tonight than I was last night. I've had a weird couple of days. On Monday, someone sprayed hair spray in our office (there are five of us in one room) and it took my breath away, made my eyes water, I was choking and had to leave the room. For the rest of the day, I had a small headache and a raw throat.

On Monday afternoon, I shoveled a bit (we finally had some snow on Monday), just the porch and path and part of the driveway...it felt so good to be getting some really cold, crisp air into my lungs! The next morning, there was a little more shoveling to do so I got bundled up and did it before I left for the office. Again, I felt invigorated and healthy. My lungs were full of cold Canadian air, magnificent clean air!! I got to work, walked into the building and again, burning eyes, choking...someone else had just sprayed a lot of perfume in the washroom (right beside the door). I never used to react like this but I feel like with the building being closed up in the cold weather, I've developed some kind of weird building allergy. Not fun.

So last night, we decided to go out for our proper night out (the hot dog cannot count!!) and we went to the Chinese Buffet. I made careful selections and really enjoyed the meal. It was really good actually. After dinner, I needed a couple of things at the grocery store so we stopped off on the way home. I started to feel a little wonky but it wasn't anything I could put my finger on. When I got home, I had horrible stomach cramps and spent the best part of an hour in the washroom. I was all clammy and nauseous and I think it must have been some MSG in something. That was the only thing I could think of that would cause such a fast reaction. Fortunately, I went to bed and woke up feeling fine but it was really unpleasant.

Today, I felt pretty normal, no choking, no headache or sore throat. Honestly, the world around me literally makes me sick sometimes. No wonder I've become such a homebody this winter. Why would I want to go out for long when it just makes me sick!!

In other news, I lost 2 pounds this week. I'm not sure from where but I feel pretty good (allergies and MSG related horrible sickness aside) about that.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I love Chinese buffets ... I always end up eating waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, though.

BethK said...

I love Ben Lee's new album. I listen to it a lot.

Sorry to hear about the building sensitivity and the bad reaction the Chinese food. Way to wreck a night out... Two pounds is good though. I'd put it on the shoveling and not the food reaction.