Tuesday, January 23, 2007

has it really been that long?

I apologize for the lack of posts over the past few days. We've had intermittent internet service at home for the past several days. Over the weekend, we were without internet, television and phone for almost 24 hours.

I can report that PMS is getting the better of me right now. Over the weekend, I indulged in some ketchup chips. Last night, a large caramilk bar. It's not good kids, it's bad. I mean, overall, we're doing good, sticking to our "one meal out per week" thing, I'm not drinking any carbonated beverages, getting lots of water, sleep and vitamins. I'm still continuing with my baking. We've not bought any bread in 2007 and I even baked some whole wheat applesauce muffins on the weekend. I am not sure why I can't be stronger with the chocolate/salt cravings. I guess it could have been worse but that's no excuse.

We finally got our exercise room sorted out again over the weekend. I saw "we" but really, it was my hunny, he did it all. We have several piles of boxes to sort through now but he's done the bulk of the work. The basement is completely covered in really nice panelling now. We may paint later on but right now it looks fine. It also needs trim but it's a huge job to accomplish what he's done so far. The main thing is that our recumbent bike is ready to ride in a dust free room! Whoot!

Before I go, I wanted to leave you with a link. I dearly love Kevin Smith and laughed out loud (and empathized a great deal) when I read his blog post from Monday. Here it is. I am always inspired when men talk about weight issues because, so often, it feels like it's a woman's issue when really, it's not, it's a general health issue.

3 comments:

Sally JPA said...

It is so easy to induldge in salty and chocolaty foods when a period is involved. I think chocolate-covered pretzels are probably the consummate period food.

Anonymous said...

ooh! there are chocolate covered pretzels? yum!

Lucky the bike is back in action!

Weight Master said...

You're right, it is a general health issue. People can diet all they want, but without proper exercise, their still not completely healthy. I firmly believe that exercise, along with healthy eating habits, is the key to health. Good post. Thanks.