Wednesday, February 20, 2008

bok choy joy

We had a really veggie heavy stir fry for dinner last night and it did me a world of good. Today is the first day in about two weeks that I am actually feeling normal.

All day yesterday, I was in terrible pain and ran a bit of a fever. Whatever I had is now gone and I feel so much better. Terrible as it sounds, when I feel normal, it's easier to stick to my guns and eat well than it is when I'm sick. When I'm sick, I should want to eat well and feel better but I don't. I'm a dummy, I know.

I've deliberately avoided weighing myself for a few weeks now and I think I'm going to stay away from the scale for a little longer. I did have a small NSV though. Last fall, I bought this cute black blazer on eBay. I wore it once before the holidays but wasn't able to button it up. Well, I shouldn't say that I couldn't, I could but it looked dreaful, gaped and tight. This morning I put it on and was able to button it up without it looking terrible.

Not bad huh? it's a start. My first short-term goal is to be one size smaller by the time the nice weather arrives. I'd love to buy some new spring / summer pants and capris in a smaller size. This would also mean that stuff I have packed away would fit me much better than it did last summer. I think that this is a reasonable goal and again, should keep me off the scales.

No comments: