Tuesday, February 19, 2008

crap

At the moment, I am at my desk, eating my healthy sammich which is on bran bread and munching on carrot sticks. Over the weekend (we had a long weekend here - I'm just back to work today), we didn't eat so "well." I could have, easily. The healthy stuff is in the house, I just chose to ignore it.

Last week, I came down with a weird cold / flu thing. I felt really shitty and did very little in terms in activity. Over the weekend, we made some crap food choices and both of us felt horrible yesterday. Why is it that when you're sick, you can rationalize the bad choices? Well, maybe not everyone does this but I know that we both did it over the weekend and I really wish we hadn't.

Yesterday wasn't so bad, probably because we both felt crappy but honestly, Saturday was a terrible day. We had chips and take out food and brownies. Not smart at all.

I think I'm going to bookmark this post on my desktop at home and make myself read it everytime I start to rationalize a bad food choice to myself. Nothing is worth feeling as lousy as I do right now. I know that only part of it can be blamed on my cold, I take responsibility for the rest of it.

No comments: