Tuesday, February 05, 2008

kicked

All day today I have felt like a wet dish rag. TOM started today and I feel really crappy, more crappy than last month. Last month though, TOM started on the same day as my new job and the excitement of the new job may have masked things. At the moment, my ass is feeling well and truly kicked.

Right now, I'm operating on way too much ibuprofen. Well, if it was too much I would probably feel better and be asleep so I'm guessing I'm operating on not quite enough but it might be working better soon.

I had forgotten that I was hormonal (yes, it can happen) over the weekend. I had a wicked craving for chocolate all last week and I indulged (just a little) on the weekend. On Thursday evening, I went to the bulk store and bought a small number of little chocolate hearts which were full of caramel, a small number of hershey kisses and a couple of pieces of crispy crunch (the mini kind). I had a few pieces of each, each day of the weekend (I had a long weekend - was off on Friday) and they seemed to satisfy my craving without creating a binge.

One thing that we did this weekend that I wanted to share, was to make pizza at home. I love ordering a pizza on a Friday evening. It's bad though, even when we order the mulit-grain crust, mango, whatever pizza, it's still a lot of fat. When we got groceries on Thursday evening, I picked up a package of these huge pitas. There were 5 in the bag for $1.99 and they made the most awesome, super thing crust, medium sized pizzas. We used salsa for the sauce and fat free cheese and tonnes of veggies and only a little bit of meat. It was delicious and we're definitely going to do that again. It was a huge savings on calories and fat and it was also a bargain.

I know that the best thing I can do is to not deprive myself. We're trying really hard to be creative and modify stuff we like to eat. Fortunately, so far, we're making some progress on that score. I know I'm always saying but it's true, baby steps will get me there a lot faster than giant old leaps that make me fall down!

No comments: