Thursday, March 16, 2006

hopes

I had hopes of getting 100% back on plan this week. I had hopes of sticking to the promises I had made to myself earlier this year, to post every work day, to work out, to eat in a sensible, healthy way.

Sadly, on Sunday morning, I woke up sick. As a dog. I was off work both Monday and Tuesday and, in addition to being sick, my back was driving me crazy, part of the sickness I'm learning. Whatever the kickass bug is that everyone in our community has, got into our house and we both felt like hammered shit for a few days. Honestly, even today I'm not 100%. I have not exercised this week. Eating hasn't been a big problem because of the nausea. I've been eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. Fortunately, this is not causing me to overeat. I'm hoping that this continues once I'm fully recovered.

The only good thing that I can possibly thing to say about the whole illness thing is that I'm down a pound this week (of course, I kept weighing myself, sick stomach, sore back and all). That's the first movement I've seen on the scale in a few weeks so that's a total of 23 pounds since January 4. I'm pleased about that, really pleased. I intend to take it very easy this weekend, to rest up and recover. Hopefully, by Monday, I'll be back to normal, back on my plan.

No comments: